Swimming Pool area All children (aged 0-15), regardless of swimming ability, must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult (aged 16+) who can swim competently. Adults must supervise their children in the pool according to the following ratios:
One child aged 0 – 4 years : one adult in the water – Two children aged 5 – 8 years : one adult in the water – Three children aged 9 -15 years : one adult in the water or next to the pool
- Weak or non-swimmers should wear arm bands or a buoyancy/flotation aid whilst in the pool and only enter the deep end of the pool with a competent adult.
- Children must not be left unsupervised in carriers or pushchairs on the side of the pool.
- Children that are not fully potty-trained must wear swim nappies (available to purchase from reception); these must be disposed of in the nappy bin. Standard nappies are not appropriate.
- The steam room & sauna are for adults – and children aged 14 -15 (who must be accompanied by an adult)
- The jacuzzi is for adults – and children aged 8 -15 (who must be accompanied by an adult)
Adults with children will be advised of this policy by reception staff and asked to confirm that they understand it before proceeding to the pool. Reception staff will only allow admission to children that are accompanied by a competent adult. If adequate supervision is not provided, management may ask children to leave the pool area.
Gym Junior members from 12 – 14 years of age are welcome to use the cardio gym when accompanied by an adult. Monday – Friday up till 6pm Saturday & Sunday till 5pm
Squash Courts Junior members are welcome to book courts through the online booking system or by contacting reception. The last court available for under 14’s is 6pm Monday – Friday (unless in organised coaching sessions or team matches or tournament/league matches against adults).
Classes All adult classes on the main timetable are for age 16 years and over.
Minimum age for participation:
Junior Gym – 10 years+; Family Fit Camp – 10 years+ with adult; Plus 4s Club – 4 years+; Active8s Club – 8 years+; Mini squash – 5years+
Group swim lessons – 5 years+ or 5 within a term of course start date; Parent & child swim lessons – 3 months to 4 years